Ted Lemon <mel...@fugue.com> wrote:
    >> If, OTOH, you can say that you would in fact also require origin
    >> authentication, then that is also of interest. (It'd mean that your
    >> use case could not be met by the initially chartered work for DICE,
    >> and that factoid could be helpful in figuring out how to handle the
    >> DICE work.)

    > I think we definitely need origin authentication, but I am skeptical
    > that we need multicast TLS.  I guess if we had it it might work,
    > though.  But I'm not convinced it's the right model.  So I'd hate to
    > have you guys go off and invent something cool that winds up not
    > matching the eventual design.

I think that it useful if we have a simple way to authenticate the
multicast'ed communication, but I think it is acceptable to form point to
point (unicast) security associations to get the origin authentication.

The communication might go like:
    MULTICAST     DrNick: HEY EVERYBODY, I got a new PREFIX to share!
    UNICAST       Homer to DrNick: mmmm... PREFIXES.. can I have some?
    UNICAST       DrNick to Homer: sure, not a problem!

[If that sounds like DHCPv6....]

 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-