>>> And sorry if I sound like a broken record, but I would like the ability
    >>> set up a router-router link with less than a full /64 allocated to it,
at
    >>> least in the ad-hoc case.

Not sure who said this part.

My question is: for a router/router link, even if it's really ethernet rather
than PPP, why wouldn't one use *just* link-local addresses?  While I have
encountered a few OSPFv3 implementations that wouldn't run over link-local
addresses, the vendors admitted that it was a bug. (That equipment got
obsoleted due to 512K limit on v4 routing slots before that got fixed though)

If there something in HNCP that would require router/router links to be
numbered?   Or is it a case of, one just doesn't *know* that there will never
be end-hosts on the link.   If one requires manual intervention to allocate
a prefix longer than /64 to a link, then one could also just say it was a
router-only link.

 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-