Hi,

On Sun, Aug 30, 2015 at 10:03:47PM -0700, joel jaeggli wrote:
> >> And that's a well-known issue that the IETF needs to finally tackle:
> >> source-address failover.
>
> So long as you don't invoke the prospect of either extremely expnesive
> overlay networks, or globably route scalability go right ahead those are
> both in play already.
>
> Hosts in in absence of state as turns out are rather good at
> instantaneous renumbering. e.g. as they roam  between networks it
> remains a mystery to me that networks  containy hosts are less able to
> cope. I may be in fact that that they are not less able to cope.

No, that wasn't what I was talking about.  Not "I get a new source address
and need to cope it", but "I have two source addresses with global scope,
tried one according to source-selection rules, it did not work, so I
should maybe try the other one now?"

No network dynamics of any kind involved, just "a normal homenet
multi-ISP scenario" (with some breakage "somewhere upstream", not
something the host can easily see) - I thought that this would have been
obvious from the thread and WG list context.

The advertised IETF solution for "(SoHo) multihoming" is "multiple global
IPv6 addresses", but this does not work yet as well as it could, partly
due to this missing piece.

Gert Doering
        -- NetMaster

Tel: +49 (0)89/32356-444           USt-IdNr.: DE813185279