I tend to agree with Andrew's re-interpretation, but I would add a caveat,
which is that at least what I am trying to do is provide a DNS architecture the
presence of which will enable devices to have the information and capabilities
they need to operate successfully on a multi-homed residential network.   The
fact that I've brought up a couple of use cases that relate to provider attacks
is an artifact of where the conversation went, not a central theme in the work
I'm trying to do.

My fear in reading Michael's message was that we'd go even further down the
rathole of over-specialization.   That is not what I am trying to work on.   If
it's what the working group wants to work on, I may be able to help, or it may
be work for someone else.   This has been a pretty frustrating process for me,
because I feel like I'm trying to do something sensible, I keep having to
submit incremental versions of the document at times when my head is in a
different document I'm working on to support the general goal, and I keep
getting rotten tomatoes thrown at me because the document that gets produced
isn't done and isn't consistent.   This is understandable, but it would be nice
if instead of throwing rotten tomatoes people would help to do the work.