Juliusz Chroboczek <j...@irif.fr> wrote:
    > Are you assuming here there's a central Homenet controller that presents
    > a web interface where the "house owner" can choose which names get
    > published?

No, we are assuming that there are one or more homenet routers that either
come with a delegated domain from the manufacturer (probably a very ugly
one), or which that CPE's ISP will delegate via DHCPv6. (or both)

Whether we should or have to do some negotiation over HNCP if there are
multiple CPEs is a problem we can deal with later.

We have, however, been thinking about the problem of having partial
connectivity for the home, and how do published names get resolved.

    > I'm probably missing something, Michael, so please explain if you agree
    > with the analysis above, whether you're assuming a central controller,
    > and, if so, where is the central controller located in a network that has
    > multiple edge routers.

If an end user wants a non-ugly domain, and they buy it, then they need to
introduce one or more of their CPEs to the upstream provider of the
domain.  It could be it is at this point that it makes sense to do some HNCP,
but in essence, this is an internal problem, and the front-end-naming
document is not about internal issues.

 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-