On 6/13/19 12:02 PM, Ted Lemon wrote:
On Jun 13, 2019, at 2:57 PM, Michael Thomas <m...@fresheez.com <mailto:m...@fresheez.com>> wrote:

The meta-question is whether there is something to be done here, and if this wg is the right place to do it. I know there was a security part of the charter... it sure would be nice to set an example for all of this IoT mischief on how to do a proper web login interface.

This is a general problem, not an IoT problem.  IoT is a good motivating use case, not the complete problem.   We’ve talked about working on this problem here before. I think it’s in scope and this is a good place to do it.  Iff people are willing to participate!

Should I write up a draft? It would be really good that something (convergent) evolved out Stephen, Paul and my rfc 7486, as the first thing I experimented on was something for a home router based application :)

Mike, who has no idea if the webauth folks had any idea about our hoba stuff.