Stephen Farrell <stephen.farr...@cs.tcd.ie> wrote:
    > On 05/06/2021 19:46, Michael Richardson wrote:
    >> Well, I'd be happy to discuss with this them again, but they'd have to
    >> actually tell us what "DDNS" really is for them.

    > Just to clarify: I don't think/claim DDNS is "better" than
    > the proposal here, rather I don't find the arguments as to
    > why this is "better" convincing, and so, given that DDNS is
    > deployed, and has some similarity, I'm wondering if this
    > spec really has much of a chance at gaining traction.

I don't think that they solve the same problem, nor do they have the same
audience.

In particular, DDNS is very IPv4 specific and very divorced from ISP
operations, while the front-end naming is very IPv6 focused and integrates
much better with ISP operations.

Nothing we've done in Homenet has gained any traction, why do the chairs
suddenly care?

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+i...@sandelman.ca>   . o O ( IPv6 IøT consulting )