Juliusz Chroboczek <j...@irif.fr> wrote:
    > Michael, it would probably take you 20 minutes to write up an I-D
    > describing a reasonable REST-based DDNS protocol, another 5 minutes to
    > write a client implementation in Javascript, and one hour to write
    > a robust server that is well integrated with Bind.

Yes, I did that.  It's in front of you.
As you said, there are three different specifications: why didn't you pick one?

We went back and forth multiple times as to REST vs AXFR from the HNA.
The feedback *FROM DNS OPERATORS* (which you aren't) was that they preferred
AXFR.

    >> If the device renumbers, or experiences a flash renumbering, how does it
    >> know to re-register?

    > All of these are interesting issues.  However, I don't see how they depend
    > on whether the update is carried over HTTPS or AXFR.

It sure does, because DDNS as described by you is done by the end-device,
which can't see the IPv4 renumber, which btw, is all those devices support.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+i...@sandelman.ca>   . o O ( IPv6 IøT consulting )