Ho, ho, ho -- should your exclamation marks (!!!!) suggest, that I would
not ask them not nicely enough ??

First, as a principal I have not to ass-lick anybody in the section.

Second, as a principal I have not to ask anybody for help.

Third, as a principal I do rather help THEM out if they have an entrance
with a big upward leap, helping with the lower note, or helping them for
an over long held note.

Fourth, as a principal I do not expect any help from the section.

Fifth, we have a superb understanding in our section & are friends each
other, except delegating the parts.

Sixth, as a principal I have to know my part & my potentials that good,
that I know, where I get a break anyway, as the third plays the same
phrase the same time, and as soon as I pause for say two bars, the third
plays louder as he or she (sorry, we have no "she" in our section so
far) understands that AND listen to the principals playing.

My alternating principal uses an assistant for the aria from Giulio
Caesar, while I play it just "solo". This does not minimize his
reputation in no ways, as it is up to everybody to arrange the things in
his or her way. The result counts.

Greetings to Australia, where I just flew over ten days ago on my way
back from NewZealand.

Hans