From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2003 7:23 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Hornlist] Valves

        Hello everyone,
        I have a question regarding valve sluggishness. This last Sunday
was at my Youth Symphony rehearsal, andmy trigger was giving me problems
with
sticking.  Finally when we play Capriccio Italien, in the middle of the
2  horn
solo, as I activiated the trigger, i doubted its reliability, my doubts
were
confirmed, some what expectedly...IT STUCK! It was fine when i needed it

activated during the solo, but when i let go, the vaalve held on! 2nd
horn part was
ruined for that!
        The concert is this Sunday, I cant take it into the shop, it
would
probably take a week or 3 to get it back, and I dont trust myself to
disassemble
valves for cleaning.
Any solutions?
       I use the Holton Valve oil, what is it to be considered? Acidic?
Sinthetic? Would kerosene help with the valve(s)? Do i just oil it under
the valve
caps and underneath stop arm? Or do i put it in a slide and turn the
horn
upside down?
      Hurry answers are needed VERY SOON! Concert coming up!

      All the best,
        Michael Kolaghassi

       P.S. Nex year the first horn is graduating, so I should become
first
horn....but, if i mess this solo up (not even solo, just a soli of 1st
2nd
horn) the  conductor will probably try very hard to find someone better
than me,
or get my teacher to fill in 1st horn spot.
set your options at
http://music.memphis.edu/mailman/options/horn/hans.pizka%40t-online.de

set your options at http://music.memphis.edu/mailman/options/horn/welewis%40myexcel.com

---