I have a tape, made from an off the air broadcast, of Hermann Baumann playing a recital at the Frick Collection in NYC sometime in the early to mid- 1980's. After renditions of the Strauss no. 1, the Beethoven Sonata and the Krol Ladatio, there follows a work that I cannot identify. I initially thought that it was a Russian song transcription, but many of the features of the piece make me think that it is a horn piece that I am not familiar with. Does anyone have information on the works played on this concert? Failing this, I would be willing to send a file made from this tape to anyone acquainted with Herr Baumann's recital repertoire in hopes of making an ID.

Hopefully,

Peter Hirsch