Questions of leadership raise their ugly head. . .

Without knowing what options are open to you it's hard to decide.  I'm
reading between the lines that this is probably a high school situation.
Here's my suggestion (print this out and take it to the nearest Starbucks
and use it to purchase a cup of coffee, it will cost you $5.00.  Without
this advice they'll only charge you $1.50) sit down with you band director
and orchestra director (if a different person).  Explain the situation and
then lay out some steps you'd like to take.  See if the director(s) are in
agreement with you action.

What action do you want to take?  Well, sit down with the individual in
question (in a private setting) explain how his actions are inappropriate,
be specific and VERY IMPORTANT keep you emotions totally in check.  He's out
to get your goat.  Don't let him.  Once you shown him what is inappropriate
explain what you expect from him, what accepted behavior will be.  Ask him
if he agrees with what you've said.  If he doesn't, ask him why.  Make notes
of the conversation and give him a copy.

After this is over get with your director again and go over what transpired
in the meeting.  Tell the director you'd like to give it a week to see if
anything has changed.  Tell the director also, that if things haven't
changed you would seek his/her assistance in dealing with the issue.

If he's no longer a problem - great. End of story.  If his behavior hasn't
changed go back to the director and seek his/her assistance.

In your dealings with the second horn, you may not want to bring up anything
about getting the director involved.  Don't mention it one way or the other.
Bt keeping this in your court, so to speak, you are reinforcing your own
authority.  If you bring up the director right off, it's no long you in
charge of the situation, it's the director.  If things don't work out, and
you need someone with more power to handle discipline issues then hand it
over to the director.

Long winded advice I'll admit, but it may have an idea or two that will
help.

If the behavior doesn't change