From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Jim McDermott
Sent: Saturday, December 03, 2005 7:44 PM
To: horn@music.memphis.edu
Subject: [Hornlist] Fingerings, accidentals & making music

Hans,  I must repectfully disgree.  I often play in the pit
orchestra for various community theater musicals.  Obviously
the music is rented.  But as an amateur,  if marking a note
or a fingering helps me play the passage properly, I'll
continue to do so.  My rule is, 1 mistake is OK, but if I
miss a note twice, I mark it.  And no, I did not learn my
transpositions, because all band music in America is
transposed to F by the publishers.

Jim McDermott
Lake Area Community Orchestra