I've always heard the term "synaesthesia" used in connection with the
tendency some people have to hear specific pitches as specific colors (e.g. F
is
always red, G is always blue, etc). For such people it gives them a form of
absolute pitch. Apparently different people have different color associations:
used to know a woman who had one set of pitch/color associations; her mother
had  a totally different set.

Emory Waters

In a message dated 2/22/2007 9:48:16 PM Eastern Standard Time,