It was a freelance gig in a place where all of the freelance work goes
to the orchestra.  Our principal was on sabbatical.  I just go where
they point and do what they ask me to do.  It was easier than arguing
with the person that was insisting on playing second.  I don't argue.
Because of this I've played every position in our section over the
past few years, although my position is officially labeled fourth. I'm
the one that gets moved when someone is out of town.  We have a very
small sub list.

Why did you choose to play it on your Vienna horn?  What was it like?

I want to play anything on a Vienna horn.  If I had one I would
probably play everything on it.

R.