Steve wrote:
Horn #1 = Alexander Bb single, vintage ~1975.
Horn #2 = Yamaha 666, vintage ~1982.
Mouthpiece = Pizka.

I measured how far the mpc goes into the lead pipe on each because I noticed
it goes in less far on the Yamaha.

Alex = 24 mm insertion depth
Yamaha = 19 mm insertion depth

What am I to do about this?  Which is right, which is wrong, and what, if
anything, should I do, assuming I wish to continue to use this same
mouthpiece on both horns.

Steve, the old European mouthpipe taper generally and the Alexander taper in
particular is designed with the venturi point farther into the mouthpipe
than the loose US standard of 1/2" - 5/8".  It is just a different design
element and nothing to be too concerned about.  Now if you had said that one
Yamaha was 19mm and the other was 24mm that would be unusual.

The Jack Attack!