Think about using your hand for small pitch changes it will help your endurance.

Debbie Schmidt Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 20, 2008, at 9:21 PM, "Steve Freides" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Horn #1 = Alexander Bb single, vintage ~1975.

Horn #2 = Yamaha 666, vintage ~1982.

Mouthpiece = Pizka.

I measured how far the mpc goes into the lead pipe on each because I noticed
it goes in less far on the Yamaha.

Alex = 24 mm insertion depth

Yamaha = 19 mm insertion depth

What am I to do about this? Which is right, which is wrong, and what, if
anything, should I do, assuming I wish to continue to use this same
mouthpiece on both horns.

As I've mentioned in the past, I'm an amateur horn player with a long
background as a professional musician and with perfect pitch. I will lip anything out of tune back into tune and I rarely notice when I do this. So far as I can tell, the difference in insertion depth isn't a problem, but I thought I should ask because I'm hoping, as time goes on, I might actually learn to play without lipping things and then I might have a problem. I suspect that my poor endurance as a horn player is related to the fact that
I am forever lipping out of tune notes.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

-S-