I have some questions on how to get the desired effects in Afternoon of a Fawn.

There is one section with the instruction "en dehors" that means, I understand,
from a distance. I can't run offstage; there's not even enough time (none) to
put in a mute. A possibility is hand muting, where you finger a half note
higher.

Near the end, after you've removed the sardine, err... mute, the score asks for
cuivre, then bouche. A loud brassy tone would be inappropriate. Would you hand
stop the cuivre, then hand mute the bouche?

Herb Foster