Andrew Buck and I had a discussion with Jorieke this afternoon on Mumble. The
first day in the field with 11 students and some MSF staff went very well.
Jorieke and the trainees were very surprised with the remote mapping done over
the night and they thank us greatly about it. They printed some Field Papers
from the map and used them to collect data. They are adding infrastructure
infos and street names. In  the neighboorhoods, there are no official street
names. They then discuss with the citizens which creates very stimulating
discussions.

This tweet shows a picture of the field team in the streets of Lubumbashi.
https://twitter.com/Zjwarie/status/446716385117208576

Jorieke will provide us some pictures that will help us interpret ground
information when we are mapping. We hope to have this ready tomorrow. We also
plan a discussion with Jorieke and MSF representatives tomorrow, at 13:00
Lubumbashi time on Mumble.
See the instructions to install / connect Mumble. There will be people to help
you configure once you are connected.
See https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mumble

This link will help you find your local time for this meeting.
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2014&month=3&day=21&hour=11&min=0&sec=0&p1=139

There are other Task Manager jobs ready for remote mapping. But to facilitate
completion of the jobs and production of the Field Papers for the field teams,
we will make access to the new jobs once the first ones are completed.

Note that since yesterday, 20 remote mappers from around the world have
contributed to 50,000 changes to the OSM map of Lubumbashi.  Thanks to all.

Pierre