Hi Daniel,

depends on what kind of "hut" you're talking about. Most of these are permanent housing. Some (they tend to be smaller) are granaries. Try googling images with "west african hut" and "millet granary" to make yourself an idea.

Rod

On 16/02/15 20:09, Daniel Specht wrote:
Oops -- didn't mean to send that last one. Question about huts -- in West Africa there are a lot of huts, sometimes just out in the forest with no rectangular buildings or clearings nearby. Are these for storage? Temporary housing?

Dan

Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2015 18:55:45 -0500
From: john whelan <jwhelan0...@gmail.com <mailto:jwhelan0...@gmail.com>>
To: "hot@openstreetmap.org <mailto:hot@openstreetmap.org>" <hot@openstreetmap.org <mailto:hot@openstreetmap.org>>
Subject: [HOT] Validation

Mapping in Africa from satellite images I find I'm adding perhaps half a
dozen settlements when I validate, they're quite quick and easy to do.
Some are huts and are not quite so easy to spot.

Question at what point should I invalidate?  The question arises when
perhaps I've added a dozen settlements and half a dozen highways, I'm
fairly experienced so fairly comfortable the work is OK after I've added in
the validation but there is the question that I've added a dozen
settlements and no one else will be validating.

I'm looking more for pragmatic answers more than anything else, there is a
concern that if I invalidate a tile it may demotivate a mapper and at the
moment we have a lot of tiles to map.

Thanks

Cheerio John

--
Dan

Rod Béra,  MCF Géomatique                /   Lecturer, Geomatics
           et SIG pour l'Environnement  /    and Environmental GIS
Agrocampus-Ouest|65 r.Saint-Brieuc|CS84215|35042 Rennes cedex|France
+33 (0) 223 48 5553 - roderic.b...@agrocampus-ouest.fr