I had a session tonight with Fofana from Burkina Faso. He his familiar with
this type of habitat that we can also see in Burkina villages.

We examined the villages in the Kandia area. In the Kandia area, we see a lot
of fields with lighter colors. We often find small habitats in what looks like
fields. The habitat is als very dispersed with often a few houses. If there are
square houses, it is easier to find the hamlets. But if only huts, we have to
zoom-in more to assure that there are houses.

Zooming-in enough, we can make easily the distinction between the big and
smaller huts. The smaller ones are the granaries and the larger the permanent
houses.

This global view shows how disperse is the habitat with small hamlets in this
area.
This link clearly shows permanent housing in large
huts.https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=19/10.189236/-12.853813
This link cleary shows the difference between the granaries (smaller huts) and
houses.https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=19/10.163169/-12.863288
In this area, it is hard to spot all the small hamlets if we do not zoom
enough.https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=18/10.127034/-12.845559

 If you want to see more examples, look on Youtube. Search for West africa
villages or for mud huts. You should see various examples.  Pierre