Pierre

      De : William Morris <wboyk...@geosprocket.com>
 À : "hot@openstreetmap.org" <hot@openstreetmap.org>; robert.so...@gmail.com
 Envoyé le : Mercredi 29 avril 2015 13h05
 Objet : Re: [HOT] TomNod integration for the next time around

My bad - Robert pointed out that I pasted the wrong source data link in there
(it was for TomNod Haiyan). Here's the Nepal data: https://t.co/zzSX2qrelM
-Bill

On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 11:56 PM William Morris <wboyk...@geosprocket.com>
wrote:

Kevin Bullock of DigitalGlobe has graciously shared the results of the TomNod
effort so far, licensed CC 3.0 (with a plan to specifically permit OSM use): -
map:
https://geosprocket.cartodb.com/viz/bb5ed630-ee1e-11e4-8dca-0e018d66dc29/embed_map
 - data: http://mapperdev.tomnod.com/results/

It seems like there might be an opportunity in future activations (or now) to
use this data for:
1.) Planning and prioritization - as we move into damage assessment we're
probably going to be a step behind the TomNod participants; we should be able
to configure tasks that focus on areas with a high concentration of damage
reports and high levels of agreement. (I can't claim origination of this idea:
https://twitter.com/iheartcrowds/status/593170666662146048)2.) Direct import -
this is more dangerous, but there's an opportunity to directly link TomNod
contributions to OSM. High-agreement damaged buildings seems like a possible
starting place.
There are many technical considerations to be ironed out, including the
realtime nature of the TomNod data. It could benefit from a streaming API of
some sort, as well as some form of integration in the task manager. In the
meantime there's this somewhat-awkward url for overlays:
https://cartocdn-ashbu.global.ssl.fastly.net/geosprocket/api/v1/map/9ec70f30baf2a63e797ae341c8965733:1430273972053.4001/{zoom}/{x}/{y}.png?map_key=dca6cb71991448200cc2ade26ff013da486a78ca&cache_policy=persist

Hopefully this is an opportunity to minimize effort duplication and leverage
another motivated group of contributors.
-Bill Morris