Hi, Jo:

I am actually preparing the import and the wiki, in collaboration with the Nepal team.

On 18/06/16 14:22, Jo wrote:
And if you come to the HOT summit, we'll gladly have a cup of coffee
with you.

I looked at the wiki page. You definitely have done your homework! One
thing I don't fully understand: Why don't you import the housenumbers
together diretly with the buildings? Or will you add the housenumbers
all as nodes afterwards? If you plan to have them on the building
contours, I think it makes sense to add them at the same time.

The reason is that we think it's a good idea to add to the housenumber nodes, the street they belong to. Such a task is not very suitable to make it through the tasking manager, so I thought the best idea would be to have the building footprints to be imported through the tasking manager, and the housenumbers and street geometries in another separated import, dividing those housenumbers+streets in several chuncks.

It's implied from the text of the wiki page, but maybe you can add that
all changes will be reviewed by human mappers and you may want to
mention the todo list plugin. It may also make sense to mention that
JOSM will be used and that howto instructions will be provided.

I will add that info too.

What I usually see as a question on the imports list is the question how
the data will be maintained/updated in the future. They/we care about
this and it's part of the reason why they ask about the local community.
They might even insist that the whole import is performed or at least
followed up by local people who are familiar with the territory.

This import has in mind the local community involvement. In fact, it's the creation of a local OSM community one of the goals, being the import just a complement for what Megha and her team will do in Bhutan.

Cheers,

Rafael.

Jo