The way people are always apologizing for perfectly fine audio quality, I suspect it's perfectionism trying to creep in.

This is the line I fear more than anything on this topic. Sometimes hearing something from those who are just getting into something is most useful for those thinking about getting into it.

        I've stopped doing shows because whatever subject I think of, I am
        conscious that there are bound to be plenty of people listening who know
        more than I do about that subject.