According to [EMAIL PROTECTED]:
> > > I think there is a bug in htmerge 3.1.5 which causes it to declare
> > > some pages as "invalid" in some cases.
> >
> > That may be, but I want to be sure we've ruled out every other possibility
> > first.  I've never seen a bug report like this, so it would be very
> > unusual if it is indeed a bug showing up in your case, but not for
> > other users.  If you can find a consistent test case that fails on
> > an initial dig, please provide details on your OS, version, config,
> > etc. so that we can look into this further.
> >

> IRIX 6.5, Htdig 3.1.5
>
> One of the symptoms is that there is no consistency.  Today's re-index
> reported 84 pages to be invalid.  Of these only one was from the
> http://www.tregalic.co.uk/sacred-heart/ site, and this time it was
> churchpage7.html.  And that page is *NOT* found by any search on my index,
> though I can follow links to it from other pages and browse it.
>
> I don't see how you can investigate this yet, but unless people put in
> reports like mine you will always be able to claim the "no-one else
> is having this problem".
>
> I will continue to look for a pattern which might give a clue.

I'm inclined to think this is a platform-specific problem.  Most of
the trouble reports we've seen about IRIX systems are from users who
can't even get htdig compiled, let alone running, so I don't think the
package has had a thorough workout under IRIX.  Which compier did you
use to build it?

--
Gilles R. Detillieux              E-mail: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>