Yuval Levy schrieb:
> Hi all again, and thanks for the feedback about this subject.
>
> First of all thanks to the Mac and Linux users for their display of
> generosity. Did I miss something, or Windows users were conspicuously
> absent? with the exception of
So far I was only reading. But not conspicuously.

One thing is that I would happily donate. And if I get a download link
as "thank you", that's OK for me. On the other hand: If I knew I would
never get a windows build anymore without donation, it would actually be
buying, not donating. Nevertheless, for me it's worth it.

A completely different thing is that this is an open source project
driven by volunteers and volunteers do the work that they choose, of
course. And if there is no volunteer do to the windows work, then it is
not done. It's as simple as that. I would find it a pity but I could not
complain.
Then there is commercial software development and why shouldn't somebody
do this work for money alongside with all other work he does for a
living? There is nothing wrong about that.

The arguments Rich brought have to be considered by you developers but
if you choose to loose some windows users as a trade-off for not having
to do this particularly complicated and unappealing work, that's your
decision. And a decision I can understand.
(My guess is that in the long run some windows user who is able to do
that will step in as it happened with PPC.)

regards
Joachim