No. I didn't even run the optimization process. The fov I'm referring
to was computed in the file dialog after loading the images.
You can verify this by simply creating an image of size 2272 x 1704
without exif data (simply save in PPM format for example) and upon
Hugin automatically fills the fov entry box with 52.62 degrees.