2009/4/13 alf <liquidt...@gmail.com>

> Thanks for trying to help, but as I wrote:
>
> 1) I just passed the data
>
> 2272 x 1704 size
> 35 mm focal
> 1 crop factor

This is enough data to calculate the FOV for an unmodified(!) image from a
camera. The FOV is determined by the lense. The HFOV and VFOV can be
calculated  by the dimensions (aspect ratio) of your image, e.g. 4:3
(2272:1704).
If you have a 35mm lense (or equivalent), you can use it with a 1Mp, 5Mp or
12Mp camera. Pixels or resolution will not change your FOV, which is
determined by your lense.
HFOV and VFOV will be determined by the "aspect ratio" of your image, based
on the format of a 36x24 mm: how is the image projected on the CCD, what is
the aspect ratio,  width and height, of the CCD (related to this 36x24 mm).
If you change the "aspect ration" of how your images are captured, which
might be a functionality of your camera, than the HFOV and FVOV will change.
If you change the dimensions of your image to be captured to 4:3
(2272x1704), or 3:2 (resulting in "old" analog format of 15x10 photo's) or
16:9 ("widescreen"), the FOV will still be the same, but the HFOV and VFOV
will change.

Coming back to the crop factor: As you already did see, the calculations are
based on the "old"  analog standard 36x24 mm. However, CCD's of digital
consumer camera's (and I don't mean the expensive full-size SLR camera's)
all have smaller CCD's.
If you look into the specifications of your digital camera you might see
that your CCD is for example 1/2.33" (almost always in inches).
>From this size you can calculate the crop-factor. Take a look at <
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crop_factor#Crop_factor_of_point-and-shoot_cameras>.
I think there will be page in your language as well about it.

Hoi,
Harry