> I agree, it's looking like it's an Enblend error that's causing the
> problems.
> The intermediate files are clean, they don't show the errors at all.

That's great, so it's not Hugin itself. Now the next step is to find
out what causes the trouble (not purely the resolution, as your other
test proved).

> As for
> Smartblend, it only runs under windows from what I can tell and don't
> have a windows box, so I can't check to see if it would fix the
> problem.

Well, actually it does run on Linux, with Wine. See the 3rd post in
this thread:
http://groups.google.com/group/hugin-ptx/browse_thread/thread/b11d91ad0280ace0

I haven't tried it (I'm using Windows myself), but if you succeed, I'd
love to see the result!

> As for the output resolution, it is correct.  The camera used is a
> Canon 50D,
> so the images are 3168x4752.  The pano contains 112 images, mostly
> contained
> in a two row setup (the obelisk as you said adding a couple more
> images to the
> height).  It's either 54 or 55 images for each row in the horizontal
> direction.

Ah yes, I see now, I forgot the factor of 1/2 which I had actually
drawn on paper... Sorry!

Best,
Bart