What type of bracketing capabilities do the A850D and the 7D have?  I
heard that the Canons have only a max of 3 steps, but maybe this is
only consumer level.  The Nikons support 3, 5, 7, and 9 steps at a max
increment of 1EV, while I heard that Pentax supports 2EV increments,
but only 3 steps.  Have you considered the Nikon D3 (or D700)?  It has
excellent high ISO noise performance and prices have really come down.

Next question would be what is the best lens for high resolution
panos?  I am using the Voigtlander 20mm Color Skopar almost
exclusively now.  Very compact and great CA performance.

Regards,
Rick