Bruno Postle wrote:

> On Thu 03-Dec-2009 at 23:29 -0800, hdrpano wrote:
>> This doesn't work.  I'm not sure what's wrong yet but the pano.exr
>> doesn't seem to be hdr.  It looks like a very bright and washed
>> out ldr.  Will investigate more tomorrow.
>
> hugin_hdrmerge doesn't do any automatic matching of the exposure
> levels, all it does is merge the data to a single file - So for this
> to work your data needs to be already scaled to the correct relative
> exposure levels.
>
> You need to do the Hugin Exposure correction at some point, either
> in Hugin itself with the Exposure tab, or by specifying the correct
> relative Eev values manually in the project files before rendering
> to EXR with nona.
>
> --
> Bruno

You're right, that was the problem.  I needed to copy the exposure info from
the non-stitched images into the stitched ones (before running
hugin_hdrmerge).

The problem I'm encountering now is ugly gray patches across the sky and
ground.  Also tiny red dots.  Maybe related is that when I initially view
the hdr it's completely white and I have to crank the exposure down to -14
for it to appear normal (except for the gray patches).  This doesn't occur
with HDRshop so I know the images are okay.  I must be doing something wrong
or missing another step.