Agreed.  Panoramic photos in themselves are not patentable as they
have been around for some time.

I don't understand your second statement.

With regards to iPiX and Photosphere, that was interesting.  iPiX did
sue photographers then were sued and settled with Pictosphere.  iPiX
then licensed Pictosphere's patent, went bankrupt and Pictosphere
bought much of iPiX's remains.  Now if you go to ipix.com, you get a
page describing the virtues of Oxaal's patent portfolio.  It is all a
big mess.