Evening,

I am building another pano head (the fourth) which will have a rail allowing
the camera mount to be moved back sufficiently to eliminate parallax.

I am planning to use it to produce high resolution images for very large,
detailed prints.

Presently, I use a wide angle lens (10mm, crop 1.6=16mm 35efl) which needs
100mm between the camera mount and the point of null parallax, or nodal point
or focal point or whatever you choose to call what I know you understand.

I am aiming to move out to focal lengths of perhaps 100mm, or some more.

Does anybody have any particular experience with longer focal lengths,
particularly with respect to zoom telephoto lenses (haven't bought one yet, so
can't experiment)?

I want to determine a sensible maximum allowance for parallax elimination with
longer and zoom lenses.

Could anybody enlighten me? (Buddhists tried)

Ever so humbly grateful in advance of what I know will be a deluge of erudition
and flawless advice.

Brainache (not Brainiac, obscure reference there folks).

PS. See some lucky pictures of my garden foxes (short slideshow) at
http://www.w3a2z.net/Rasha/