On 23 March 2010 17:34, Felix Hagemann <felix.hagem...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 21 March 2010 11:58, Bruno Postle <br...@postle.net> wrote:
>>
>> What it does is to read a .pto project, find the first lens, gather some
>> lens and EXIF data, and submits it via HTTP (currently to my home server,
>
> Wow, that's an extremely interesting concept. Are you interested in
> receiving submissions now? Should these only be high quality projects
> (e.g. only with pano head not handheld)? There about 150 project files
> on my harddisk waiting to be submitted.

I think any use of this data would have to be able to cope with
variable quality, so go ahead and submit. The only way to find out if
the approach is going to work is with some real data.

There is no way this is going to overload the server, so anyone can
feel free to run lens-submit as much as they like.

>> The difficult bit will be to write a tool that does something useful with
>> this information.
>
> As a first step it will be very interesting to look into the data and
> look at the scatter of the correction curves that the submitted
> parameters produce for one lens + camera combination. I'd be happy to
> do that, unfortunately I just can't be sure when I will have the
> necessary time available.

Me too, but hopefully somebody will get a chance to do something with it.

--
Bruno