On September 24, 2010 02:28:15 am Kornel Benko wrote:
> I like this idea. Something numbered, so one could remember the history
> number.

I doubt most users are as diligent as you, Kornel.  I for instance would not
be able to remember the history number, but I like to read something
descriptive like in the browser history.  It's on my todo list for after the
initial committ.

> > another feature I am looking into is saving the whole history with the
> > project file.  Because the outcome of the optimization process is very
> > much dependent from the initial positioning of the images, access to the
> > whole history of the project can be helpful when fine tuning the
> > individual images.
>
> This too, but it looks like a difficult thing over sessions.
> The accessible history would be this session only.

I think already now the whole session history is accessible.  What I need is
the whole history across sessions (think: working on 100+ images over
sessions.  I may be overlooking something, but I have an idea that may work:
serializing the whole PanoMemento and saving it.  Reloading it and replaying
it.  Probably in a separate file (.pto.mem?).  Have to check how it will
interact with loading the .pto file, although if every step of the way is in
PanoMemento, maybe it will even make the .pto file redundant for this kind of
load operation.  We'll see, hopefully around Christmas time.

Yuv