The solution for autopano SIFT-C is removing the parameters --
projection %f%v in the parameter line in the preference tab.
Then even Autopano SIFT-C 2.5.2 of T.K. Sharples generates enough
control points.
I've no problems with this version of Autopano SIFT-C.
This solution is already mentioned in another thread of release
candidate 2.
There is a link to an installer of RC2  too in this thread,  which has
the right parameters after installation.

Kind regards,
Henk Tijdink

http://groups.google.com/group/hugin-ptx/browse_thread/thread/4b98583adb282798#