Yuval Levy <goo...@levy.ch> wrote:
[...]
> The Hugin PPA [3] can use an update.  The packages contributed by
> Philipp Seidel about six months ago are 2010.0.0 and for Karmic and
> Lucid only.  Does any of the experienced deb packagers (Andreas?)
> have source packages available that can be fed to Launchpad?
[...]

Hello,

I have not got any Ubuntu system to test and have not used a a ppa
therefore I do not know the finer points. However I would be surprised
if the packages in Debian/experimental would not work unchanged,
except for author and versioning. (I think even the *binary* packages
would work on ubuntu 10.10)

If you have got experimental[1] in sources.list this should work:

[as root] apt get install devscripts
[as root] apt get build-dep libpano13=2.9.17+dfsg-2

apt-get source libpano13=2.9.17+dfsg-2
cd libpano13-2.9.17+dfsg/
edit Maintainer and/or Uploaders in debian/control [2]
debemail=yourm...@address dch --newversion 2.9.17+dfsg-2~huginppa1 rebuilt for
hugin ppa
dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -uc -us -sa -S
cd ..
debsign -k<ppa-keyid> resulting_changes
Upload. https://help.launchpad.net/Packaging/PPA/Uploading

Wait a day or two to give the buildd a chance to build binaries of
libpano13-2.

[as root] apt get build-dep hugin=2010.2.0+dfsg~rc2-1
apt-get source hugin=2010.2.0+dfsg~rc2-1
cd hugin-2010.2.0+dfsg~rc2
edit Maintainer and/or Uploaders in debian/control [2]
debemail=yourm...@address dch --newversion 2010.2.0+dfsg~rc2-1~huginppa1
rebuilt for hugin ppa
dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -uc -us -sa -S
cd ..
debsign -k<ppa-keyid> resulting_changes
Upload. https://help.launchpad.net/Packaging/PPA/Uploading

Obvously you'd build and test binaries (dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot
-b  -uc -us) before uploading the sources.

cu andreas

[1]
deb-src ftp://ftp.at.debian.org/debian ../project/experimental main
[2] I am not sure about the ppa policy, but judging from the existing
packages you would delete Uploaders and set yourself as Maintainer.