On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 10:51:06PM -0500, Yuval Levy wrote:
> On November 10, 2010 10:19:35 pm Robert Krawitz wrote:
> > Hugin kept giving me FOV estimates of between 87 and 95 degrees HFOV
>
> don't worry, as long as it is < 360° (i.e. fits on the panosphere) for
> partial
> (non 360° panos) accuracy of estimated HFOV is much less important than the
> visual result.

To get those estimates accurate you should set the lens at a specific
zoom setting. (e.g. at the limit of its range).

Next, you take a quick panorama, all the way around. Stitch it, and in
the second round, you enable optimization of the FOV.

Once your panorama looks reasonable, the optimized FOV will be exactly
right. Instead of relying on exif info, you can now copy over that FOV
value exactly. (or you can calculate a "zoom factor").

        Roger.

--
** r.e.wo...@bitwizard.nl ** http://www.BitWizard.nl/ ** +31-15-2600998 **
**    Delftechpark 26 2628 XH  Delft, The Netherlands. KVK: 27239233    **