KFJ!!dude youre the man!!!thanks for informing me about gawk!!i didnt know
it could do that...i was reading a bit about panotools script, but almost
all the tools work on a single pto file..and all th escripts i ahve seen so
far are based on a single pto file..whatever name it has, like
template.pto..

Iḿ really interested in both gawk and that ptsed tool you mentioned...didnt
know about it..

thanks a bunch for the info..and your scripts are nice..