Hi Yuv,

It seems we're pretty much fully in disagreement on this issue...

Here is what I would want Hugin to be:

> WHAT IS HUGIN IN MY OPINION

Hugin is a user-friendly open-source solution allowing stitching of
multiple photo images into a single output image. From stitching three
six-megapixel images together into a wide-FOV panorama to
multi-gigapixel HDR panos.

Because of a good software engineering design, hugin allows several
steps of the workflow to be dispatched to subprograms that can easily
be replaced, compared, extended and researched.

------------

As a side note: Maybe Hugin has too many controls for the first-time
user. But because of reasonable GUI design with an "assistant" a first
time user can achieve results. By watching what the assistant does,
and exploring the program, users gain familiarity and understanding
allowing them deeper interaction with the program and its features,
all the time while still giving positive feedback to the user by
allowing him/her to produce goodlooking results.  This is completely
different from GIMP where i had to spend days studying tutorials
before I could change my first pixels... (I think gimp has improved on
this front since I struggled with it years ago).

        Roger.

--
** r.e.wo...@bitwizard.nl ** http://www.BitWizard.nl/ ** +31-15-2600998 **
**    Delftechpark 26 2628 XH  Delft, The Netherlands. KVK: 27239233    **