2011/3/2 Bruno Postle <br...@postle.net>

> On Wed 02-Mar-2011 at 09:34 -0800, Harry van der Wolf wrote:
>

>> Therefore I would like to raise the question if we as OS community would
>> like to dedicate Hugin, both as software and as project, to someone or
>> something.
>>

> I wouldn't have done it myself, but it isn't intrusive so I don't see it as
> a negative thing.
>
> The whole 'About window' is unnecessary and I have no use for it, but it is
> still very important that contributors are publically acknowledged, and
> having an opportunity for users to showcase a panorama in the splash screen
> is a good thing too.
>
> --
> Bruno

Another option might be to leave the dedication "framework" functional as it
is with an option to switch it on or off per release. We can then decide
upon a new Hugin version if we want to dedicate Hugin to someone or
something if we all feel that something or someone needs to be dedicated.
Something might happen that makes us all feel that we "now!" want to
dedicate Hugin to someone or something.
It could (easily?) be a cmake variable (1 or 0) that decides whether the
dedication window is built or not (I'll find my way for XCode on OSX).

Harry