Hello Hugin Developers,

The addition of Python scripting functionality calls for a little bit more
coordination to prevent API changes that may break scripting functionality.

Moreover it is an opportunity to formalize a rule that has already been in
place informally for strings/translations.

I herewith request your opinion on adding the following two rules to the
project's body of rules.  If there is no objection, I will add them to the
appropriate place in a few weeks.

1) STRINGS

Release branches are string-frozen.  Strings for translation are updated prior
to branching and in principle no new string shall be added to a release
branch.  An exception may be requested if the underlying motive is important
enough.  The request must receive the support of a significant majority of
developers (coders, builders, translators) to be granted.  Silence is
interpreted as supportive of the request.

2) API/HEADERS

Release branches are header-frozen to prevent a change in signature and
potential breakage of the scripting wrapper API.  An exception may be
requested if the underlying motive is important enough.  The request must
receive the support of a significant majority of developers (coders and
scripters) to be granted.  Silence is interpreted as supportive of the
request.

Yuv