On 29 Dez. 2011, 00:45, Monkey <davidhorma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've developed an alternative to Enblend which I hope might find some
> interested users here. It's not a better blender, and it lacks many of
> Enblend's features, but it has two redeeming qualities
> It should work straight out of the box as Hugin's "alternative Enblend
> program".

I've given multiblend a spin, and it doesn't work for me. What happens
is that some areas of the output contain large-scale artifacts which
aren't merely blending errors but plain wrong. I had the erroneous
behaviour occur in 360X180 panoramas, and I assume that the complex
patterns of layered transparency resulting from warped fisheye images
(my 360X180s are usually 6 around, 1 up two down with a Samyang 8mm)
may be the root of the problem.

I sent a reduced set of sample images to the author to make sure it
wasn't just something my end, and he wrote back saying he could
reproduce the behaviour. He had some ideas about what might cause the
problems, but no immediate solution.

Have a look at the output I got at

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/52145569/IMG_2862_IMG_2870_mb.jpg

You'll notice the area around the nadir is totally wrong, and there's
a nasty glitch in the middle of the lake. Cropping the output to a
strip creates more errors:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/52145569/IMG_2862_IMG_2870_mb2_strip.jpg

The PTO for the full panorama is

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/52145569/IMG_2862_IMG_2870_mb.pto

(I removed the CPs) The individual images are 16bit TIFF. I
doublechecked with JPEGs as input, the problem persisted, but the
colours changed - I had used the --bgr switch to swap the R and B
channels which was necessary for my 16bit TIFFs, but with JPEG input I
had to remove it.

It's hard to see the errors with an image set from ptodummy, since
everything is just blended to a mush, but it may be helpful to have a
look at the fast preview to see how the images are arranged. The
output was made from cropped partial images; when feeding in uncropped
TIFF multiblend died with an unhandled page fault.

With this problem, plus the missing wraparound (which is bad but much
less grave), plus the necessity of manually changing the --bgr
depending on source material - I'd recommend to use multiblend with
caution. I think it shouldn't be put into hugin bundles until these
issues are solved, much as I'd welcome a fast alternative to enblend.

Kay