On 3 Jan., 16:53, Jan Martin <janmar...@diy-streetview.org> wrote:
> Kay,
>
> why on earth would one want to use the Windows version of multiblend with
> hugin on Linux?

I thought it might be easier for the author initially to only get it
to run properly on one platform. I think this helps to narrow down
problems more quickly, rather than having platform issues on top of
everything.

> David updated his website, the Linux source is available since this
> weekend:http://horman.net/multiblend

> Just do
> g++  -msse2 -O2 multiblend.cpp -ltiff -ltiffxx -o multiblend
>
> Then as root copy the new multiblend file to e.g. /usr/local/bin
> Set up Hugin to use it. Thats all.

Thanks for telling me ;-)
I'll see if a Linux build on this system produces the same errors.
... done. the problem is still there.

> David found out that by reducing blending levels by one using  -l -1
> the seam at the 0-360 boundary vanishes.
> Anyone to test -l -1 with your images?

I never saw the 360-0 boundary much with my test images - just a hint
of it in the sky (the images are photometrically optimized). But with
the -l -1 setting, I can't see it any more. The other problem is there
just the same with -l -1. And with the native Linux version, I need
the --bgr switch as well.

> Keeping in mind that multiblend has been published just a week ago, I am
> happy to have a very fast alternative to enblend that works well for my
> specific usage case.

Jan, would you like to share what your usage case is? Maybe this would
help narrowing down were the problems come from. I noticed that the
strong artifacts around the nadir disappeared when I had masks active
in the area (like, around my feet). And the artifacts higher up seem
to depend on the precise position of the images - they show up
sometimes here, sometimes there and sometimes not at all.

I'd also like a fast alternative to enblend. So, David, don't be
disheartened. I'm sure it's just a silly mistake somewhere and you'll
sort it out.

Kay