Am 03.01.2012 12:27, schrieb kfj:
> On 3 Jan., 12:08, Gerhard Killesreiter <gerh...@killesreiter.de>
> wrote:
>
>> I've tried adding CPs manually but the matching process wasn't really
>> working.
>
> Do you mean that you had difficulties placing the control points, or
> that the optimizer failed to produce a useful result?

The optimizer did add usefull CPs after some changing of parameters, but
these are clustered in the mid-section of the images. In order to get a
working pano I needed to add additional CPs in the foreground manually.

The optimiser was usually not able to find the point I had added in the
other image and I had to add it manually there too.

After omtimizing the optimizer mostly complained that the distance was
too big.

I even got hugin to crash once...

I was able to stitch in the end, but I don't think it worked out very well.

I suspect that I may have a bit too much parallax error...

It is possible that there's an issue with the exif data too, since my
camera doesn't write the correct data.

I then enter the data manually:
Focal lenght: 6.75
crop factor: 1.5

(that mask could use some explanation which focal length is needed: the
real one or the 35mm equivalent. I think it's the latter).

>> My concern is that I either used the wrong technique to take the
>> photos, my workflow is somehow wrong, or the lens has a defect.
>
> I suppose there's little you can do wrong taking the images, and I
> also think a lens defect isn't very likely. Leaves your workflow ;-)

Yeah, my suspicion too.

>> Also, I really want to automate this as much as possible as I plan to
>> take lots of panos.
>
> If you can put your images and PTO online somewhere, I'll have a look
> if I can see what's going wrong.

That'd be great! I'll send you a link in private.

Note that the images are just test images, the idea is not to make a
nice pano from them, the idea is to understand why I don't get CPs in
the front automatically and what I can do to change that.

In this case I have added the CPs 20-22 manually.

Cheers,
Gerhard