On Tue 08-May-2012 at 19:11 -1000, Gnome Nomad wrote:

I do wonder all this effort to merge tabs together (I don't happen to agree with that, since some of the merges that have already been mentioned have apparently made it harder to use!)

In the existing GUI there is the Images tab and there is the Camera and Lens tab, which is actually another two tabs. They each show a different set of image parameters, but some image parameters are not shown at all, the 'filename' appears in both tabs, but not in the Crop or Mask tab - This is all pretty random and shows the incremental way it was built.

These tabs are each in the form of a list/table, but if I select a photo or photos in the Images tab, then switch to the Camera and Lens tab, different photos are selected. This makes it hard to add a feature like 'click on a photo in the preview and select it in the Images tab', or 'select two photos in the Camera and Lens tab and show the same two photos in the Control Points tab'.

when the logical UI element for working on a panorama already exists in Hugin: the Panorama Preview.

Yes, this is something often discussed, there is the potential to turn Hugin inside-out - Make the Preview window the main window, with the existing main window something you can close if you don't need it. To do this the Assistant needs to move to the Preview.

--
Bruno