On 05/10/2012 02:01 AM, kfj wrote:
On 9 Mai, 21:25, Bruno Postle<br...@postle.net>  wrote:

In the existing GUI there is the Images tab and there is the Camera
and Lens tab, which is actually another two tabs.  They each show a
different set of image parameters, but some image parameters are not
shown at all, the 'filename' appears in both tabs, but not in the
Crop or Mask tab - This is all pretty random and shows the
incremental way it was built.

I often wondered if all of this couldn't be placed in one window. How?
By displaying it in a fashion which is often used for tabular data
displays: You start out with a standard set of columns, and by right-
clicking on the row with the column headers you get a context window
allowing you to add/remove columns. Augment that with left-clicking on
column headers to sort by this column, and you have a standard
interface many computer-literate people would feel instantly at home
with. This would leave it to the user to choose what they want to see/
can accomodate on their screen. I wouldn't even be surprised if the
appropriate widget type existed already in wxwidgets.

I think user would get overwhelmed with columns and sideways scrolling ... prefer having separate tabs with focused functionality.

--
Gnome Nomad
gnomeno...@gmail.com