2013/10/7 T. Modes <thomas.mo...@gmx.de>

> Am Sonntag, 6. Oktober 2013 20:02:20 UTC+2 schrieb Frederic Da Vitoria:
>

>> The SDK first refused to install, just like the first time it installed.
>> Like the first time, I had to remove the C++ 2010 redistributables in order
>> to reach the window where I could check which options were about to be
>> installed. When checking the compilers, I noted that the checkbox was not
>> working properly: it never unchecks itself. But I also noted that the
>> required space varied and I deduced that when the required space was larger
>> it meant the compilers would be installed. Anyhow, which ever option I
>> chose, this does not work, and opening the SDK prompt gives the message:
>> "The x64 compilers are not currently installed. Please go to Add/Remove
>> Programs to update your installation." I googled this and found a solution
>> ( http://connect.microsoft.com/**VisualStudio/feedback/details/**
>> 683852/fail-to-install-**windows-sdk-to-add-x64-cross-**
>> compiler-to-visual-c-2010-**express-running-on-x86-pc-**based<http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/683852/fail-to-install-windows-sdk-to-add-x64-cross-compiler-to-visual-c-2010-express-running-on-x86-pc-based>)
>>  telling me not to install the compilers with the SDK but install the
>> compiler SP after. This is what I did. I managed to compile STLport with no
>> error and 45 warnings. I now understand that I don't need this step,
>> Thomas, but that was a few days ago.
>>

> I installed the SDK and the compiler update some time ago and could not
> remember all details anymore.  (I found this:
> http://blogs.msdn.com/b/vcblog/archive/2011/03/31/10148110.aspx Don't
> know, if this helps. But I have also the compiler update installed.)
>

>> Now I am stuck a little further down the road: I am at the lcms step
>> (once again, I now know this is not necessary, but I believe the issues I
>> find here will block me further anyhow). In Visual C++, I select lcms,
>> right-click and chose the properties. I can change the configuration to
>> Release but the only Platform offered is Win32.
>>
>> This is relatively easy: in the platform dropdown select the
> configuration manager (I have only a German version, I'm not sure about the
> English words). Under active platform select "new" and there then x64.
> Close the dialog. Now open the properties of each project (right mouse
> button) and change the platform toolset (under General) to "Windows SDK
> 7.1". This must be done for all projects in the project map. This is some
> work, but needs to be done only once. (For other libs some more changes are
> necessary.).

Thanks Thomas, it worked.

One remark about Matthew's wiki page: I think renaming patch.exe to
something else is a must: patch.exe works but I don't get any feedback. The
UAC executes patch.exe in an independent window which is closed
immediately, so that I don't have the time to check the output.

lcms :
    Select project lcms in Solution Explorer, and then choose Build >
Project Only > Build Only lcms
should be
    Select project lcms in Solution Explorer, and then choose right-click >
Project Only > Build Only lcms
The first time, I followed blindly the instructions and clicked on Build
which did something. Maybe it is a shortcut to the same command, or maybe
it built the whole solution, I don't know how to tell. Anyhow, when I now
do "right-click > Project Only > Build Only lcms", I get a message telling
me there is nothing to build anymore.

I did not understand "7. changes to output file and intermediate directory
for x64" so I skipped the step. Maybe I shouldn't have. I found the library
in <SDKHOME>\lcms-1.18\Lib\MS instead of <SDKHOME>\lcms-1.18\Lib\MS-x64. I
guess step 7 was important after all, and I now understand what it was for,
but I am still unsure how to do it. Should I just move the library to the
correct folder? Or delete it, configure Visual C++ and build?

Anyhow, this was just for the sake of understanding how this works. Since I
have a precompiled Enblend, I can go on.

--
Frederic Da Vitoria
(davitof)

http://www.april.org