2013/10/22 T. Modes <thomas.mo...@gmx.de>

> Hi Frederic,
>
> Am Dienstag, 22. Oktober 2013 14:18:22 UTC+2 schrieb Frederic Da Vitoria:
>

>> exiv2: I couldn't find any exiv2-0.20.x64.diff. I did find
>> exiv2-0.18.x64.diff. Should I rename the directory exiv2-0.20 to exiv2-0.18
>> and then apply the patch? OTOH, in Visual Studio I couldn't find any trace
>> of a x64 configuration, but maybe the patch would take care of that.
>>
> No idea if this works. You could try it. But it may that the patch does
> not apply cleanly.
>

>> For glew, the only library I got was glew64sd.lib. I was expecting 2
>> libraries, 1 for release and one for debug. BTW, what are the debug
>> versions for in my situation (simply trying to create Windows builds)?
>>
>> glew64sd.lib sounds like the debug lib. For create a Windows build you
> need only the release versions.

Thanks Thomas.

exiv2: Patching did not work. So I restored the exiv2 source package and
checked. By examining the source file and the diff files, I reached the
conclusion that the patches were already included, in a slightly different
syntactic form.

glew: things are getting worse. Because I did not understand how I got only
one lib, I decided to restore the glew package and follow the procedure
again. But VS now refuses to do the conversion. For each of the 4 projects,
it detects that the conversion is needed, asks me if it should do it, to
which I answer Yes, and then pops a message that the project file cannot be
loaded.

I tried to remove the glew directory, rename it then create a new glew
directory then put a fresh copy in it. Nothing works. It did work at least
once (hence my previous question about only one .lib). I am pretty sure
this is something stupid but I can't find what.

I checked the names in the dialogs, they match my directory structure, the
path is short "d:\HuginBuild\glew\build\vc6\", the files have only the
Archive attribute (not read-only or system)... I also checked in the RAM
(with Process Explorer) and no file from the glew directory is opened by
anything Process Explorer can see.

--
Frederic Da Vitoria
(davitof)