On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 05:13:41PM +0100, Bruno Postle wrote:
> On 22 October 2013 16:22, Yemi Harris <y...@newspin360.com> wrote:
>

> > When you say a "good" set of photometric parameters, what exactly do you
> > mean? Sorry for my ignorance, i'm kind of new to the game.
> >

> In theory the 'camera response' parameters will stay the same for all
> photos from the same camera (though your RAW converter can mess this up),
> similarly the 'vignetting' parameters will stay if you use the same
> lens/aperture.
>
> So if you get a 'good' panorama stitch once, then there is no need to let
> Hugin recalculate all these parameters for the next panorama, you can just
> reuse them.

But in practise, you often get slight "errors" in the determination of
these parameters. Thus it is not always certain that something that
"fit" on pano-1 will "fit" on pano-2.

This sometimes has to do with little "freedom" to determine these
parameters. For example, if you just overlay the images left-to-right
by 10 or 20 percent, then there is very little vignetting difference
between the left and right side of the "overlap". So determining the
vignetting parameters becomes "difficult". So large errors result and
the resulting parameter may not fit will on another pano.

But if your first pano provided "good" data, you can surely consider
transporting them to the next pano.

        Roger.

--
** r.e.wo...@bitwizard.nl ** http://www.BitWizard.nl/ ** +31-15-2600998 **
**    Delftechpark 26 2628 XH  Delft, The Netherlands. KVK: 27239233    **

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hugin-ptx/20131022162038.GB27402%40bitwizard.nl.